Sunday, February 6, 2011

Just for you, Tony! (^^)

Japanese graduation outfit for the ladies!

     The traditional outfit for graduation ceremonies. I don't have the history of the clothing, but I do recall seeing a photo of my mom when she graduated from Waseda University. She was in Western style clothing !! Gahahaha.
      An interesting tidbit, she was one of nine of the very first group of females that were allowed to enter the University. Until then its was strictly male. Definitely a pioneer for women's rights in Japan. I see very little of the haori, hakama for men. It's  usually suits.
      As far as Michele is concerned...........(**;). I seriously doubt she would don a kimono for graduation.
I do not think it has changed but, she has an aversion to skirts and other "girly" clothing. It has always been jeans and T-shirts for her. If my memory serves me correctly, I know of only two times she has worn a skirt!
Once for Junior High graduation and yup, the other, High School Graduation! Hmmm. At least she helps keep costs down! (^^)
     Well, miracles may happen. She may dress up in her mom's kimono. That would definitely be "must preserve" shot in my camera. We'll see what happens.
     Heavy squalls in Honolulu today. Good thing the carnival ended yesterday.
     Time to clean house! More laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment