Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Another Kyokushin Organization (@@!)

A preview of a website for Sekai Sou Kyokushin

I have lost count how many Kyokushin organizations are in the world and that is not counting all the "independent" groups that do not affiliate themselves with a Kyokushin organization.
The strange part of it all is that all these organizations proclaim that they are teaching the true Kyokushin that was taught by Oyama Sosai.  So sad that if indeed all of them are teaching the "true'
Kyokushin then why the splits. From my personal standpoint, it is just a bunch of egos and to some greed. The need to be the Honcho.
All the leaders of the groups have paid their "dues" in sweat and blood. No doubt about it. They all have a place in Kyokushin history. They just don't get along with each other, plain and simple.
Somewhere along the line things got sidetracked.
There are others that created their completely new style such as Daido Juku and Ashihara Kaikan. Although they have Kyokushin as its background they are no longer Kyokushin and do not use the Kyokushin "brand name".  They made a clean cut. Now I may not be 100% accurate in my analysis, but that is how I see it. 
I left Kyokushin when my Sensei broke off and formed his own group. Nothing really changed in the contents. We just cut off the organizational ties. In Japan, I built the Yokohama branch of the organization. When I retired and returned to Hawaii, I found most of the Black Belts gone and no Dojo.
We practiced at Kapiolani Park. Sensei nor anyone else tried to find a site to practice. I finally found a site and all it amounted to were claims by non-practicing Kouhais that I was shouldn't be opening up a Branch. Hmmmm. Long story short, I left the organization. It was hard for Yachiyo as she started with Sensei and felt a loyalty to him. I understood that and recommended she continue under him but being my wife, it had barriers that could not be hurdled.  Now she goes to the Hawaii branch of Kyokushinkai as well as helping me out when she can. Although she has already earned a Nidan she is a yellow belt. No problem as far as I am concerned. It is funny that she knows more Kata than some of her Senpais as well having suffered more fractures and concussions than her Senpais along her way to Black Belt.  Not a problem as she just wants to practice and keep her roots in Kyokushin.
The important thing is that your believe in your training regardless of affiliation. Train hard, sweat, bleed and bruise along with your commitment. Leave the politics to the honchos. 
Just saying. (^^) OSU!





No comments:

Post a Comment