Sunday, June 19, 2011

Back to the Dojo! (^^)


Mahalo to all for emails of encouragements! (^^)

     I resumed karate practice today. It was great to be with the kids again. Due to summer vacation it was probably only 1/4 the normal attendance. But never the less I was energized by the kids! Today I let the kids take turns at being the "Sensei". (^^) I had to smile throughout the session.
I found out how much my stamina had fallen. Just doing the 号令 goreis had me winded.  I had to keep in mind not to use my right arm which has the PIC in. Nothing worse than the PIC getting jarred loose. If that happens, it straight back to ER. Something I would rather avoid!
Interesting trying to teach hikite with only one arm usable! (^^)  One hour went by quickly
    今日から空手指導を再開した。チビ達と一緒にエイ!ヤーは実に楽しい。夏休みなので四分の一しか集まらなかったが彼達から良いエネルギーを貰った。階級問わずに皆「先生」をさせた。ふふ。見て自然に笑顔が。。。大分スタミナが落ちた。号令をやるだけで息切れがした。後は右腕を使わないよう注意した。点滴の管が外れたら、ERに逆戻り。それはなんとしても避けたい!片手で引き手を教えるのは面白かった。一時間があっという間に過ぎた。
 With Tamura Sensei's help worked on some One Point lesson vids.


      In this sequence the hand movement is interpreted as a defense against a single wrist grab and a counter elbow strike against the ribs. The movement may differ according to the Dojo. I do it by bringing back the hands to the waist first before breaking the wrist grab. We also do it against a two handed wrist grab leading into a elbow lock. The focus for me is the dislodging of the opponent's wrist grab. Please remember this is just one of many interpretations out there. This is a just a single sequence vice multiple sequence.
  この場合は片手で手首を取られた時に対しての防御。カウンターはあばらに肘打ち。道場によっては違いが出る。自分の場合には一旦両手を脇に戻してから外し技に入る。両手で手首を取られた場合にも使う、カウンターは肘関節押さえである。主に相手の手を外す。これは色々な解釈の中の一例である。連続技の中の一つでもある。


   Oh well, it's one of those days! (**#) Difficulties remain on uploading the vids. The one point drill was a drill in which you teach the body accurate movement without having your eyes open. It is an adapation of a shooting drill. You place some markers on the wall to simulate the chin, ribs, solar plexus, groin. Begin by punching at a marker, then close your eyes and punch towards the same marker, then open your eyes to see if the punch is where you wanted it to be. The difficulty increases with combination (oizuki & gaykuzuki)
   The markers can alos be used to working on your kicks, the keyr here is to keep the leg chambered and not put to down on the floor in between kicks. Changing the speed of the kick helps giving the leg a good workout! Have fun.

    I apologize to all Yachiyo fans. She had to work overtime and could not make it to practice and work on the vids. For the time being I am very limited to what I can do. Have to wait until the PIC is removed and then I can really start on my rehab. There are so many things I want to share with everyone.
Some old some new. The important thing to remember is that we are always a 初心者 a beginner. Or studies never end.

No comments:

Post a Comment