Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The morning after. 一夜明けて (^^)

Ahhh, Nothing beats being home!

(^^) No 4am chest Xrays, blood samples, Vital checks, no tubes to drag around. The freedom to stand up and go to the frig for some water and grab an energy bar. All the things we take for granted that was denied for the past two weeks. I have to tell you it took a while to figure out how to back into the toilet with all those tubes! And, I had to get very creative just to wipe my okole as my motion range was very limited. I can start taking a full shower from tomorrow, so it is a "bird's bath". Luckily Yachi took on the dangerous task of wiping down the areas on the back I could not reach. OOOOOH, that great feeling of getting that one spot cleaned! Sends waves of shivers down my spine! Hmmmm getting kinda of erotic?? From tomorrow I'll have to saran wrap the IV before taking a shower. Attention to details! Lack of it may cause infection and send me back to ER. No thank you for that!
While I was incarcerated, Yachi did a MAJOR House cleaning. No virus can survive! One major point that permanently glued to my head is personal hygiene and cleanliness. Leave no trash lying around, don't let dust accumulate on the shelves or floors. Wash your eating utensils immediately, don't leave it out in the sink overnight. Don't get LAZY.
A second point left implanted was my diet. I confess! I am a "loko (local) food" addict. I can't walk past a eatery without "having a small bite". (**:) Hawaiian local food is probably the most dangerous in terms of health. Rich thick gravy, meats starches.... Hmmmm so Ono (tasty) The once in awhile turns quickly into "all da time". Yeah, sure now they have "mini-plates" but when you look at the regular......Fufufu.
Yup, time to buckle up and start eating healthy!

versus

Which will you choose? It's your life!


When I reflect my Dojo days in Okinawa and Japan, I do not remember much emphasis placed on the health aspect. At times, the outings after practice went 360 degrees of what is now being espoused. I recall at a Dojo where students just hung their Dogis to dry, some went without washing for a good while which made it very interesting in terms of breath control! But not much was made of it.
Time for my Daily trip to the hospital for my IV of antibiotics!
More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment