Saturday, June 11, 2011

The long road to recovery (^^)

     
       5days have passed since getting released from the hospital. My daily routine is settling in. I was fortunate enough to able to schedule my IV every morning at 0900 or 0930 with the exception of Sunday at 0730.
I need to catch the bus as my stamina has not recovered enough for a 45 minute walk. I would guess that my pace is about half of what it used to be. I need to be careful not to push myself to a point of shortness of breath. A normal karate session is still a dream for now. I am prohibited from lifting more than 15lbs.The stitches where the tubes were inserted needs to be pulled out next week. Until then I need to be careful that I don't "pop' the stitches.

The hardest part is to saran wrap my IV before taking a shower! (^^) Can't get that wet. I have learned that I am not that coordinated to do a good job of it with one hand. Fufu. So far, no mishaps though.
Activity is still severely limited. Fatigue hits fairly quickly with any physical exertion.
    
     I try to do some Sanchin, Tensho and other breathing exercises to get my lungs back to 100% (if that is possible) . Light inhalation and exhalation is not bad, but deep breathing may not be good at this point in recovery. I can "feel" the strain. So for now I limit it to shallow ibuki and nogare. Plus the stitches in my side prevents doing sanchin properly.

   To date how I got this pneumonia remains a mystery, especially since there were  none of the usual symptoms or indicators. So checks continue. I am just glad I am able to go about my business.



Of course listening to music helps my rehab! (^^)



MY GOAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment