Thursday, July 5, 2012

Japan 3rd Day

      Today I went to my grandparents Grave at Gokokuji, Tokyo to report the passing of my mother, their only daughter. This was the main purpose of this trip to Japan. I was relieved to see that the grave was in good shape and well maintaned. Unfortunately the concrete Torii gates fronting the grave had become too unstable from subsequent qaukes and had to be removed. Thank goodness no major damage was sustained.

The wooden bucket in front was to carry the flowers and water to the grave. It was a very hot and humid day and I was able to sprinkle water and cool my grandparents.


 Kyokushinkai Founder, Oyama Sousai's grave is also in the same Temple property. I also paid my respects  Sousai. ( ^ ^ )
 The main temple or Hondo at Gokokuji.

 Some monks greeting visitors to Gokokuji

 The keeper of the florist shop on the grounds of Gokokuji.

 A tough looking sentry by the stairs leading up to the Hondo.

One of many memorials on the grounds.


The evening was spent with some FB friends ( ^  ^ )

 Fresh sashimi!

 Fresh mini crabs! ( - -;)
My FB friends. It was a fun and relaxing evening!

Eri, one of my Karate Students in Yokohama. Strong in Karate and Drinking!
She's holding a half a graefruit which is squeezes into the glass of sochu!


No comments:

Post a Comment