Friday, July 20, 2012

Back in Hawaii! Whew, it's a lot cooler here ( ^ ^ )

       Sorry for the gap and delay in posting. My netbook had its limitations. I think I overwhelmed it with all the photos and videos I took. I did save most in the external hard drive, but the task itself kept the warning of overuse of whatever keep popping up. For a PC novice like myself there isn't much I can do. Gahahahaha ( ^ ^ ;) Even now I am going through a battle trying to edit and upload the vids. A lengthly battle lies ahead. So I ask all the readers of the Blog to be patient. Instead of creating a new post each time, I will just add on to this one. There probably will not be any order or reason as to what gets posted. It all hinges on what I can get uploaded. Yoroshiku Onegai Itashimasu.

Bo vs Sai demonstration by Ishado Shihan and Yokohama's Nagaie Shihandai.

Ishado Shihan's Sunkei Breaking of 10 roof tiles. The kids were amazed!

More to follow. Waiting for the external drive to finish uploading from the netbook.

Yokohama Dojo Kids trying Tameshiwari for the first time! Most were pleasantly surprised that they succeeded! ( ^ ^)

 Hayashi Shihan leading stretching exercises with a smile.

 Picture prefect front kick 

 Taekwondo style Mawashigeri

Everyone trying to copy Hayashi Shihan's Mawashigeri.

 Gokokuji Temple, Tokyo where my Grandparents are interned. Oyama Sosai's Grave is in the same temple. 
Add caption

\
Oyama Sosai's Grave.

Yokohama Dojo

With Ishado Shihan

With Hayashi Shihan

Sai vs Bo Demo by Ishado Shihan and Nagaie Shihan Dai

It was nice to see "Pekochan" still around! She is Fujiya Confectionary's "star" and has been around as long as I can remember. Since 1950's?? When I was little kid it was always a special treat for me to get to eat some yummies from Fujiya. Of course, I ate here this time around also! Y( ^ ^ )Y

Yokohama is also known for its Chinatown. Discovered a new temple. 

Chinatown means FOOD! Had to figure out how to get into this restaurant! 

Reviewing Shihandai William's Shisochin as done in Kimura Dojo.
Bunkais, Oyos abound and what is seen here is only a very small portion of it.
There also exists numeorus versions of the kata some considerably different while some have ony minor differences. I always tell my students to keep an open mind and that there is really no right or wrong versions of katas.

Group study on effective Oizuki.


Kimura Dojo's core element of Taisabaki.


No comments:

Post a Comment