Thursday, December 30, 2010

COMIKE コミケ (**:)

165,000 attendees on the first day of this year's Comike ! And I fear that my daughter, set to graduate college next March is part of that statistic. What is Comike you ask? Well its short for Comic Communication (I think). Its a major event for comic lovers and cosplayers (costume players who dress up as their favorite character) Can you imagine how long it took just to get in the convention hall?
Some of the characters are far from the kids images. More suited for the daddies visual entertainment.
Sigh, Japan has its crazy culture which is hard to comprehend at times.
I just hope Michele did not go dressed as Pikachu! Thank goodness she is back to Pokemons. Until recently she was in Shinsegumi. Now, that I can imagine!

Not quite sure which cartoon characters these three are from !??!

Pikachu ??? GAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Well, I hope my daughter had an enjoyable day. If she had only stuck to Karate.........Hmmmm. She's better off in the comic world. But you would be surprised at the large number of adults at this convention.

2 comments:

  1. Be save Michele....I never have heard of this Roushiichi, do they have a section... looks like Hon kong phooey for me....

    ReplyDelete
  2. A strange world, Tony, vey strange. Can you imagine us running around in Mickey Mouse outfits or being a Road Runner? Beep Beep!
    (^^)

    ReplyDelete