Monday, December 13, 2010

Yes folks. It does snow in Hawaii! (^^)

Snow on top Mauna Kea Observatory.


Yup. Thar u c genuine snow. I' m pretty sure it is as much as you see in New York or Japan.  It takes a while to drive up the volcano to touch the snow. (^^)  I do beleive some folks actually snowboard up there and then drive down to the beach do some surfing!
Tony and all, be careful driving out there! 
Yokohama, if it snows this year or early next year make sure to wear non slip boots! (^^)
The calls to 911 in Tokyo and Yokohama greatly increases when it snows! The folks don't know how to walk in the snow or iced sidewalks!
I dreaded driving up north to Niigata in winter months! Didn't have the driving skills! Gahahahaha. Thank goodness for the bullet train!

2 comments:

  1. I can still hope that you have a white Christmas then Roushiiichi!! Today in as 11 degrees when I left the house at 6:20am. Been studing the Nihongo learned Shinkansen....just this week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. (^^)I've been lax on your Nihongo lessons. Here's one to dwell on over the holidays!
    人の一生は、重い荷物を背負って遠い道を行くようなものである。急いではならない。。堪忍は無事長久の基である。。己を責めて人を責めるな。
    徳川家康
    Fufu. I just remembered a Japanese joke about the Shinkansen...but not fit to put it on the blog! (^^) It would have really added to your Japanese. Gahahahaha. You'll have wait until we meet again.

    ReplyDelete