Sunday, December 19, 2010

Season's Greetings!

MERRY CHRISTMAS  (^^)
Absent from the photo are Hana, Tori, Travis, Benten, Riki , Takeru and Kyle's Dad.


 
 Happy Holidays from the pokemons, mommies, Tamura Sensei, Yachiyo and myself!
 
We hope you all have a Super Christmas and Happy New Year!

Thank you for everyone's  support this year and hope to make 2011 even better and spread the spirit of Jita Kyoei.

押忍!

道というものは、天地自然の道に外ならない。ゆえに人はこの道を行うもであるなら、天を敬うことを目的とすすべきである。天は人も自分も同一に愛給うゆえに、自分を居明日う心をもって人を愛するべきである。人を相手とせず、天を相手として力を尽くし、人を咎めず、自分の誠が足りないことをいつも反省しなければならない西郷隆盛

Saigō Takamori (Takanaga) (西郷 隆盛(隆永), January 23, 1828 – September 24, 1877) was one of the most influential samurai living during the late Edo Period and early Meiji Era. Saigo has been dubbed "the last true samurai". His statue stands at the entrance of Ueno Park in Tokyo.


Tony, your first Japanese lesson for 2011! (^^) Take your time. Fufu. 頑張って下さい!I think you may find Saigo's thinking similar to something Western. (^^)

Oh, by the way Take took first in the All Hawaii Tournament this month!

5 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to all the pokemon, Yachi, Sensei, Take, Sensei, and Roushiichi, from the Mechanicville Kesshin-kai dojo, Jen, Suki, and Tony. My you holiday be restful, peaceful, and filled with love ones and friends.

    My Nihongo, reads....Ganbatte ne kudasai...Please work hard , never given up the struggle...I did not know that Sagioo Takamori, coined the Ganbatte ne, that is used so often....I enjoyed this commitment to his past...so often I believe this world would be so much better, if we still kept the old ways....hard to think of a time in history that could not sure more budo principles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I should have went with Kalikimaka!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roushiichi your care package has reached New York. Domo arigato, I am just off for Practice here in New York. I have some many new goodies I have no idea of how to prepare them...I will read more and learn when I return from practice tonight...but wanted to say thank you to you and Yachi-san,.. Kalikimaka....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tony (^^) Don't forget to put Mele in front of Kalikimaka! The black beans and kintoki are already cooked so you can eat them as they are.
    Probably Jen will take charge of those like Yachi took control of the Ham and Tortas! The beans are sweet!
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete