Saturday, January 22, 2011

Quick pictures from New York










Roushiichi, Just took a shot out the door hear at home, want to show you the snow we have got in New York, that little black dot in the middle of the picture to the left is my mail box, the post if 5 ft. and its 1 degree as I am writing you...

The second photo is from our Kagami Biraki, Kevin, Sensei has typical look on his face, when I set out the mochi...Jen and I made Ichigo daifuku, Mochi with anko....then Jen found a new daifuku, its call peanut butter cup daifuku. Its kind of East meets West...but she tells me she found this daifuku in Bubishi under "medicinal cures"....Told her I would ask the master if He had ever heard of it...(^^)

2 comments:

  1. 5ft of snow! (^^) NO thank you. I recall doing an Army PT test in the Japanese snow when I was in the active Reserves. It was a challenge to us Hawaii boys (**#) for sure. Gahaha.
    Reese's peanut cups in mochi? Hmmmm. I wonder if they existed in the days of Bubishi?? (^^)
    I've talking to Yachi about a autumn trip to New York and Canada to take in the leaves changing colors. Something we don't have in Hawaii.
    Of course our Gis will be in our luggage! (^^)
    Have to save $$ after I return from Japan in March!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am saving pennies here too my friend? Just in from Dog duty. Night

    ReplyDelete