Saturday, January 1, 2011

Yokohama's Hatsuhinode Keiko

What!!! No Snow?? Lucky!

Just received a photo of Yokohama's Hatsugeiko at the Negishi Shinrin Park in Naka Ward. From the looks of it must have been a warm winter in Yokohama. I recall my toes hurting from the cold during my time! (^^) I see Okoshi-san has his spanking brand new Black Belt on. Looks pretty good on him.

The young man behind him is Kobayashi Junior, future leader of Yokohama. His mom was the person that got Ookoshi and Iwasaki Senpais into Karate! KJ played college football and has tremendous speed and power. I look forward to sparring with him in March! (**:)

I am happy and proud that the kids came out and completed the 1,000 punch and kicks together with the adults. よく頑張りました!

3 comments:

  1. Hey now I am the only one in the Snow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (^^) Gahahaha! Now a video of you doing Kata in snow would be interesting! Followed by a short instructional on how to deal with frost bites!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will think about it....might take me till March...snow is warm then...smile. I am sorry but I can see Ookosh, Sempai or Kobayashi Junior very well, the image of Yokohama is very small on my end....

    ReplyDelete