Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ahhhhh Japan (^^)

         Day three in Japan. I am currently in the town of Ishiyama, Shiga Prefecture. The area is famous for Lake Biwa and Benkei Bashi (an interesting story, please Goggle it!). The bridge was one of the access bridge to Kyoto in the "old days". I came here to see an old friend of mine, Lt. Tao of the Shiga Prefecture Police. It is coooooold at night. During the day I could get along with just a sweater, although everyone around me was bundled up! (^^Y)
      Yesterday morning met with my daughter Michele and her mom for a breakfast family meeting to discusss her future follwowing her graduation (**#). Fufu Strange how I felt as though I was talking my "little Michele" rather than Michele, the college graduate. Once a Daddy always a Daddy? Daughters never grow up? Gahaha

My first breakfast in Japan. Still having jet lag. The toast was sooo thick and yummy! (^^)


A strawberry parfait for dessert. Pikachu is for size reference, It's usually hanging on Michele's bag.

Hmmm. Decesions! Decesions! What to eat on the Bullet train!

Here comes my ride! Sleek and fast.

What shall I drink? Too many choices! Only in Japan are the vending machines safe and sound from vandalism! (^^)

You can always keep up on the news!

First dinner in Japan with the Tao family.  Regional Japanese Beef. So tender! Yummy

Yes, Yachi, I ate my veges also! The dressing was sooo refreshing.


Lt Tao and his son.
Of course I would be remiss without a pic with Mrs. Tao!

More adventures to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment