Thursday, March 10, 2011

Night out in town (in moderation) Y(^^)Y Part 2

Eriko "Mama" Owner and Proprietor of Mayu

Since I had Chinese the other night I felt like Japanese tonight, so straight to "Mayu" a Japanese Dining Bar.
Another Hangout from my days in Japan.  A great place to chill after a hard day's work. Eriko Mama is also a hula aficionado and dances quite elegantly.
The appetizers made of ingredients in season.

Vegetable tempura, great to eat it straight from the fryer. Eaten with a pinch of salt and pepper with a squeeze of lime.

The chef putting the tempura on the plate.

      Eriko Mama and I reminisced the "old days" and it was nice to hear that the other regulars were still up and running. Many a pleasant and at times "exciting" nights were had at Mayu.

      Now no evening is complete with just one stop. (^^) I always "try" to make it a point  not to get too stuffed at one place as the evening is long.  After about three hours at Mayu, off I went in search of my other haunts. Whats that bright light down the road??

My favorite late night gyoza stand.
A prefect plate of gyoza or pot stickers....Yummy
Of course you have to have their famous deep fried garlic cloves in sweet/sour sauce! Tender and yummy!

     Some of you readers may be thinking that I go to sleep at sunrise and wake up at sunset. Not to worry, I wake up at 0500 to do my morning exercise and spend the day on many other activities. (^^) Yesterday was spent exploring Isezaki Mall. It is mall about one mile long! A blend of new and old. The weather has been cooperative so it was a stroll down memory lane.

The mile long stretch of the old section.

     "Isezaki Blues" a famous song back in 50's or so. Yokohama is considered the birthplace of Jazz in Japan as well.

A snake shop! (**#) it sells potions made from various snakes. It has a long history in Yokohama.

Along the way, came upon this gentlemen checking out the coffee beans. Time for a coffee break!

They roast their own beans and the shop was filled with the aroma of coffee beans roasted. I had a cup of Indian which was very mild but flavorful. (^^)


A typical Police Box in Yokohama.

Oops! Time to head on up to Tokyo! Hope to swing by Hayashi Shihan's Dojo in Shinjuku tonight.

Ganbarimasu!!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment