Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The pitfalls of information or the lack of (**#)

 5 Days After

       I guess the biggest concern for many here in Japan are the nuclear plants in Fukushima which have been severely damaged and the potential of radiation leaks. The population surrounding the plants have been already evacuated outside a 30 kilometer radius. All day and night updates are being broadcasted on the current situation. HOWEVER, much of the information may be understood by academics and nuclear professionals, but to me ?????.  Last time I took a CBR class was many many moons ago. Even expert commentators that theTV stations find do not make it any easier. Well, I guess everyone concerned realized this and now they are making comments that a layman could relate to. Still it is very wearisome.


The usual spokesmen for the Nuclear Plant, I would not want to be in their shoes as the information is very obfuscated.

I hope this does not become a regular scene in Yokohama.

I guess the winds will make a big difference in the case there is a major radiation leak. As of now there is a no height limit to air traffic in the vicinity.

      Earlier this afternoon Michel mailed me to "Stay indoors" as the sky looks really strange. With the nuclear plant in mind, I decided to take her advice and took refuge in an Internet/Comic cafe, Three hours later she mailed me an "All Clear". I got to catch up on all the comics I hadn't read in years! (^^)


Amazing how many businessmen were "taking a break" from work!!! (^^)


No comments:

Post a Comment