Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Night out in town (in moderation) Y(^^)Y Part 1

     Last night was my first night out back in Yokohama. I naturally started with my favorite hole in the wall Chinese restaurant/pub or izakaya. I used to spend at least two to three nights a week here as it was a popular hangout for my LE counterparts as well. It was a rendezvous and starting point for many an escapade.
     Only a counter for 10 people or so and a kitchen. We could see and wait with anticipation the next dish to fill our tummies! A great way to learn Chinese cooking! (^^)
     Naturally I  bumped into a former counterpart and then it was the usual pace of a Japanese night out.

TORAKICHI, My Yokohama Hangout and starting point for nights out.

Tora, owner chef of  Torakichi.

Cashew nuts and chicken with peppers! Yummy

Deep fried Kurukun or was it Gurukun? Oh well.

Sign advertising bars in one building (small size for Yokohama) . Ten floors with three bars each. There are oodles of these in the drinking district.  Imagine hitting all the bars from the top floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment