Monday, March 7, 2011

A day of chillin (no Joke) before the Storm!

     At a late night family conference (Michele worked until 2100) it was decided to go to Disneyland for her graduation travel. Well, it is a lot cheaper than flying to Ishigaki Island south of Okinawa. So I shouldn't complain. You might wonder, a graduation trip before the graduation ceremony??? Fufufu. It was also decided that Michele needs to go to driver education and get her license as many companies require it.
WELLLLLLLL. Drivers Ed in Japan costs a whooping $3,000 buckaroos and it is government mandated.
Smell something fishy??? She will be attending a Gasshuku so she can get "educated" in two weeks vice going for a year. (**#)
Typical Drivers Ed School

     So, I'm spending today just chillin (not really my generation's vocabulary), visiting areas in  Yokohama that I used to hang out. Thought I'd put up some pics for your enjoyment. No karate for week or so.
Sorry Tony. Sometimes it is better to stay away so when you resume practice it feels GREAT!
As I wrote previously, with the almighty dollar soooooo weak here in Japan, I need to keep a tight tab on  my expenses. To start off I am staying a hostel which costs 2,500 ($31.00)  a night. It comes with heating, mini regfrigerator and flat bed TV. Also has WIFI for internet (FREE!!!!!) The room is 3 and a half mats with one mat being 6 ft long and 3 ft wide (typical Japanese mat) The shower is communal as well as the head. Both are kept spic and span. I love it here! The only minus is there is no elevator and the rooms are on  the fifth floor! Oh well daily exercise.

My room (^^) with typical Japanes style bedding. You can see my clothes hanging on the side.

The opposite side (^^)

     Woke up early and went up to the roof to do some Kata, but.......it was too cold for me! Snuck back down and brewed myself a cup of Japanese tea. Had to go the bank to change some $$ for tomorow's trip to Disneyland. At the first bank the bill checking machine kept rejecting all my $100 bills...(**;), the clerk started to get nervous...luckily it was decided that the machine was not working and off to another bank.
Luckily, this time all went smoothly. HmmmmI wonder if my pic on from the surveillance camera was distributed for possible counterfeit scam. Gahahahaha.
     Rest of the day I just wondered around the city until my legs started to complain. Tonight I'll replace the lost lubricant. (^^) but have to wake up early tomorrow so I'll have to keep its short!

Cat Cafe
Passed by this "Cat Cafe". It offers kitty companionship while you sip your coffee and eat some pastries.
$15 for one hour including drink and snack. Not a bad idea,if you like cats. For an instant I visualized  bringing Yuta, my Chihuahua here! (^^) 

Guess what this place offers!


Typical Restaurant displays

One thing you find all over Japan are displays for restaurants. The samples are soooo real looking and it whips up your appetite.


Fresh Fugu (Ballon fish) anyone???

MORE TO FOLLOW !!! STAY IN TUNE!!!
Let me see, how many 1,000 yen bills do I have left??? AIII YAAAAH! (**#)
I miss the days of 260 yen per $..........


No comments:

Post a Comment