Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hello From New York!!

Hello, Aloha and こんばんは From New York. Thank you Kimura, Sensei for your invitation to join your Yokohama Dojo and your Makiki Dojo Karate Net Pals. I am Tony DeMarco. I would like to welcome the members of the Mechanicville Kesshinkai Dojo to our newest learning tool, Karate Net Pals. I have come to understand that Karate-do can teach us much more than how to kick and punch. In the end Karate teaches us about how we treat ourselves and each other, on our way. We hope that this Blog, gives all of us the opportunity in what Kimura, Sensei has taught me is the sprit of Jita Kyoei. I have been blessed to meet and study karate with many great karate-ka, but Kimura, Sensei has truly allowed me to understand the relationship of student/teacher in the dojo. Aged and broken I have never been happier in the dojo, or with my karate. Roushiichi (Kimura, Sensei) has taught me that a true warrior does not give up the thing he/she loves, but finds love in the things that he/she can still do. May I add that you in Makiki and those of you who trained nightly in Yokohama truly are blessed, with Roushiichi and Yachi, Sensei’s. My Japanese language skills are very poor, and my writing skills are even worse. So please, for give me with any laps or breach of edict, I am learning……but my language skills, some say even in English, are not good…smile.

1 comment:

  1. OSU! Tony. Great Introduction! It made me blush with embarassment with the unwarranted accolades. (**;) Thank you very much.
    Once we get Yokohama on line then we'll slowly start the program. This Blog is for our students and thier families. As someone said, "You can lead a horse to the river, but it's up to the horse to drink". This blog is the hand of our students......of course under our supervision. Gahahaha.
    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete