Thursday, July 29, 2010

There is hope for us, Tony!!!



These gentlemen are in their 70's! 10+ more years I will be in the same bracket. I hope I can move around much less throw a kick or two! (^^). Kiryoku, Seishinryoku, Tairyoku. These senior citizens haven't dropped their youth somewhere on the path. Inspiring!
Hmmmm. I wonder if any of the full contact organization have a 70+ bracket.
Let's keep on chugging, Tony! 生涯現役、武道には引退と言う言葉は無い!
Forever Active! No such word as retired in Budo!
OSU. This video made my day. Thanks You Tube!

2 comments:

  1. It just struck midnight here Roushiichi, and I am now one more year closer to 70. What a way to bring in 46 for me. This is Inspiring and hopeful!! I have seen one over 40 Kyokushin kumite bracket, but never a 70+. I, like you my friend, will stay active, and adapt in the dojo. One of the studnets asked, "sempai if your hurt why are you here?" All I could say, was at this point its where everyone looks for me anyways.

    This really did make my evening Roushiichi Thanks!

    I will be in Vermont at Gasshuku for the next three days. Looking forward to seeing old friends and practicing with them. I am the only one from our dojo this year who can make the trip. Hope you dont mind, I really wish sometimes that Hawaii was just a bit closer to old snowy New York...be great fun having you and Yachi with me....

    Osu!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the Gasshuku. Make sure you listen to your body (^^). I'll be thinking of ya while drinking ice tea and munching on chocolate chip cookies by the pool. Its called nourishment training. One lap, ome cookie!

    ReplyDelete