Thursday, August 12, 2010

胃の逆襲。Counter attack by the stomach (**;)


Following in Tony's steps, I have been converting my diet to a healthier one of less greasy burgers and more vegetables.  (^^) As in any endeavor, moderation is the key. Extreme changes usually end up in failure.
But alas! (**;) For whatever reasons, there is a sudden surge in new burger joints opening up in Honolulu.
Worst yet, all of them espouse supporting the local agriculture and ranches. Being a dyed in the wool patriot I am naturally an enthusiastic supporter. HOWEVER, with the motto " Taegataki wo Tae, Shinobigataki wo Shinobu" I have faithfully adhered to my changeover. AT unexpected cost to my well being. (- -) Fufufu.
I have been the victim of constant "nature calls" the past few days. It appears my stomach is protesting the sudden input of healthy food substances! The carrots, celery, spinach, tofu, burdock roots the stomach could live with. But it appears the sudden input of okra and a spinach like leaf when chewed has the same consistency of okra was more then it was willing to take. On top of that I ingested quite of bit of Okinawan potatoes as snacks as it is very sweet and flavorful. Now I have to time my outdoor excursions with care!
Honolulu is now packed with "No Public Restroom" signs! Hmmmmmm.
I think this is the same with teaching karate to children or adults for that matter. Moderation is the key. The syllabus of Kyokushin lineage is very long. Normally just Kihon takes an average of 30-45 minutes. Half or more of the overall average training period. I am constantly reviewing my own training syllabus for children.
We need to ensure we do not overwhelm the students with an overload of techniques. Much of which outside of kihon they do not use in kata or kumite. I doubt there be a "Revolt of the Kiddies" but it would behoove us as instructors to keep a finger on the pulse of the students. (^^) 


3 comments:

  1. Dear Roushiichi, after reading of your new Tony eating habits, Jen wanted you aware of some "rare but well documented cases of health food allergic reactions, which she "suffers" from, she does not make this stuff up, you understand, she is only following sound medical advise. She is now sure that you too have this rare but well documented gene. So that although, carrots, and celery, spinach, even okra, ect...might be the answer for some "tree hugging, granola eating guys like me", it might not be the answer for all. Jen understands well your motto Taegataki wo tae, shinobigataki o shinobi" (bear the unbearable, conceal the unconcealable); but that those new burger joints might help the Geri, so that you may return to the dojo for more Keri Kihon..., Jen is sure that with the return of William, Shihandai from vacation that he will be able to co berate all of Jen medical findings. In short, the economy of Honolulu is dependent on your dollars ( Jen is also an economist, little know, but very well trained, she tells me). Now you can rest well my friend...Oyasumi

    Friday night Jen said she will help my limit the Kihon progression (^^). We should have you all set by Sunday Practice.

    PS Jen gave me the OK to publish her work..

    ReplyDelete
  2. (^^) GAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I love it! Meat eaters unite! Man the battle stations!
    The local economy won't have much to take from me after I just wired Michele's FINAL Y(^^)Y tuition for last year in college!! HOORAH! Bring out the beer....oops....tea! The trials of being a parent!!! But then, she is working her okole off to make a dent in the costs. Maybe only 2 cents, but its the effort the counts. This in Japan they call Oyabaka.親馬鹿
    Good night! Gotta go check on my brown rice with bamboo shoots (^^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Michele does graduate in 2011, you let me know I will have a "tea" with you!! Nice to hear that Michele's like her Dad, its about the effort!! I know. Looking at this kanji for Oyabaka, I get father or parent, and I almost hate to say this baka, this is not the same as the not so nice term baka?? Is It?

    ReplyDelete