Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Images from Summer Gasshuku 2010

Images from Summer Gasshuku 2010



We had a great weekend of Training. I think one of the best parts of Gasshuku is seeing old friends, and meeting new karate-ka from all over Canada and USA. Although we did share the same organizations on the floor we all shared karate-do. Sempai Nick in the center here recieved his Nidan Obi this weekend. He was one of the two karate-ka that graded in the April Shinsa.




Although my days of Jodan Mawashi Geri have seem to pass me by, Sensei Ray seemed to keep his youthful flexibility. We worked on kumite drills on Sunday Afternoon.








Of course there was kihon, and to be honest along with kata was the highlight of my Gasshuku. I am still learning more about kihon. Here Shihan is explaining the uraken and the tettsui, that can be found in our uke. I though much of our time in Hawaii, and Pinan sono san. The use of the uraken and the uke in your opening oyo.

1 comment:

  1. Great pics, Tony.
    Sounds like you had a great weekend with fellow karatekas or Doushins 同志
    Looks like the weather cooperated too!
    I just hope it stops raining by the weekend for our practice in the park.
    You can tell by the smile on your face you are enjoying the training. (^^)

    ReplyDelete